FREMONT, Calif., April 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Offerpal Media (http://www.offerpalmedia.com), the leader in virtual currency payment alternatives, announced today that it recently integrated several new direct payment options into its platform in order to help social developers and online game publishers accept payments from users who do not have or are unwilling to use credit cards. The new payment options include pre-paid debit cards, phone cards, e-payment systems, parent-approved payments and more, from such partners as Zeus Research and STi Prepaid, paysafecard, MyCard, Rixty, BillMyParents, ClickandBuy and others—covering nearly 200 countries in all.
The company also announced it recently hired payment industry veteran Alex Brutin as its Vice President of Business Development. Mr. Brutin is responsible for forging new relationships with other direct payment providers and monetization partners as well as new strategic initiatives. Having previously worked as the Head of Channel Partnerships at Google Checkout and in Merchant Services Business Development at PayPal, Mr. Brutin most recently was the VP of Business Development at FreeCause, a free, fully-customizable toolbar that helps organizations reach and engage their supporters in fundamentally new ways. He has his MBA from the Walter A. Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley.
"Our vision is to help developers monetize larger portions of their user bases, whether through alternative payment options like offers, videos and surveys, or cash payment methods such as credit cards and all their substitutes," said George Garrick, Chairman and CEO of Offerpal Media. "There's a lot of innovation in the online payment space at the moment, with all sorts of new payment products that enable developers to monetize distinct sets of users based on geography, demographics and behavior types. We're proud to bring on board someone like Alex to help us identify the most appropriate partners to work with and build up profitable relationships."
The following direct payment options have been added to Offerpal's alternative payment platform in recent months:
* STi Prepaid phone cards: Using Zeus Research's patent-pending conversion system, gamers can purchase virtual currency by typing in pin numbers found on the back of pre-paid phone cards from STi Prepaid, a long-established name recognized throughout the U.S. STi sells in excess of 200 million cards each year through more than 225,000 national retail outlets.
* paysafecard: The leading online payment method in Europe, paysafecard allows users to purchase prepaid vouchers and authorize payments online by simply entering a 16-digit PIN code. Paysafecard is available at 280,000 outlets in more than 24 European countries.
* MyCard: MyCard offers several types of stored value cards such as scratch cards, thermosensitive paper and more, available in retail outlets, convenient stores and websites all throughout Asia. Furthermore, it also provides diverse micropayment methods for purchase online. MyCard was founded in 1983 and is based in Taiwan.
* Rixty: Rixty is an alternative payment platform that makes it easy for youth and adults without credit cards to convert their cash into online credits at more than 10,000 Coinstar kiosks and 10,000 convenience stores via the Rixty prepaid card. Rixty recently announced it had expanded its system to safely enable kids under the age of 13 to purchase online.
* BillMyParents: BillMyParents is a youth payment system that lets teens and tweens shop online without a credit card and gives parents the ability to easily track and control their teen's spending – while ensuring that credit card numbers and personal information are kept safe and secure. BillMyParents is a product of Socialwise, Inc. (OTCBB:SCLW.ob - News).
* ClickandBuy: ClickandBuy is a leading Internet payment service provider that enables users to conduct one-click transactions in 120 currencies throughout the world and offers 50 national and international modes of payment. Founded in 1999, ClickandBuy is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG.
Offerpal already works with many other direct payment providers, from PayPal and Visa/MasterCard to Zong, Boku, DaoPay, Amazon Payments, Paymo, Ultimate Game Card, PayByCash, Social Gold and more. The company recently passed its Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance validation, meaning that it meets the fraud prevention and data security standards established by the PCI and can now process credit card transactions more efficiently. The company expects to roll out several more payment options in coming months.